Beaches and Town Parking
To help ensure the enjoyment of all beach goers, the following rules are applicable at all Town beaches:
- No grills or fires
- Please, no littering
- No golf carts or vehicles
- No alcohol on the beach
- No fishing between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- No pets on the beach
The Town of Colonial Beach has installed new parking meters in the downtown area of the town. The new Flowbird meters work nearly identical to the previous meters but make parking easier and more efficient for visitors. As with the previous meters, guests can pay at the Pay Station with cash or credit card, using their license plate number. The new meters also allow drivers to pay via an app on their mobile devices. Download the Flowbird app for IOS or Android using the App Store on your device, on Flowbird's website, or using the QR code on signage in the parking area (beginning May 22.) View Kiosk locations (PDF).
Oversized vehicles or those with a trailer must park at the Wilder or Castlewood parking lots for a flat fee of $30 per day. Annual season passes for non-residents are available from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023, and can be purchased through the Flowbird App. The season parking pass is attached to a vehicle's license plate and is nontransferable.
Town residents with a current 2022 town decal may park for free. You can purchase a vehicle decal in-person at Town Hall, 315 Douglas Avenue, Colonial Beach. You will need proof of residency, including vehicle registration and driver's license or current property utility bill with the owner's name and a Government-issued ID matching the name. Decals for property owners with vehicles registered and garaged in the town are $30. Decals for residents with vehicles registered in another locality and not garaged in Colonial Beach are $100.
Parking Rates & Times
- $2/hour from midnight to 11:59 pm.
- $20 per day, seven days a week.
- Free, 15-minute parking spaces are also available at select locations for people picking up food or making a quick stop.
- Handicap Parking is free at all public parking spaces and lots in Downtown Colonial Beach. Vehicles must have a valid handicap license plate or placard. Veterans with valid Purple Heart license plates also park for free.