Welcome to Colonial Beach……spectacularly located on the Potomac River. Colonial Beach is your vacation destination for fun in the sun and water recreation activities while enjoying our small town atmosphere.
Come by car or by boat and enjoy
- Strolling our one-half mile boardwalk featuring outdoor dining, specialty shopping and hospitality venues
- Boating, biking, fishing and sunning
- Piloting a golf cart throughout town
- The sights and sounds of everyday life on the Potomac River, including dozens of osprey nesting sites, the church bells ringing celebrating the hour and the clang of boats secured safely to weathered posts
Stay for a while and enjoy
- Eclectic architecture on the beachfront
- The hospitality of one of our many comfortable rental cottages or one of our small, quaint motels or one of our local full-service marinas
- Art galleries featuring local artists, including fine art pieces, photography and ceramics
- Following the footsteps of President James Monroe and family, Alexander Graham Bell, vacationers who came by paddle wheelers, steamboats and ferries, and local watermen who fought a century-long “Oyster War” on the Potomac River shoreline
We are conveniently located to Washington, D.C., Richmond, Northern Virginia and Maryland.